McEvoy raised his 2014 EPS estimate for SunTrust to $2.95 from $2.75. In a client note, the analyst discussed the ongoing real estate recovery and improving loan pipelines in Florida and Georgia, along with a further benefit to SunTrust from improving asset quality. "While many would argue this is old news, with reserves of 153% of nonaccrual loans [while peers have reserve coverage of 129%], SunTrust's earnings will be positively impacted by lower credit costs well into 2014, in our view," he wrote.
Interested in more on SunTrust? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV