NEW YORK, Nov. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Toyota (NYSE: TM) today announced a $250,000 donation to the American Red Cross to support relief efforts for victims of Super Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines. Today's announcement - along with a previously announced pledge of 10 million Philippine pesos - brings Toyota's total contributions to nearly $500,000 USD. In addition, Toyota will match employee contributions to the American Red Cross and other non-profits doing relief and recovery work in the region.
Commenting on the donation, Jim Lentz, CEO of Toyota's North America Region, said, "On behalf of Toyota, we express our sincere condolences to the families affected by Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines and surrounding areas. Thanks to the generosity of our associates and team members, Toyota's giving will go even further to help families in need."
About Toyota Toyota, the world's top automaker and creator of the Prius, is committed to building vehicles for the way people live through our Toyota, Lexus and Scion brands. Over the past 50 years, we've built more than 25 million cars and trucks in North America, where we operate 14 manufacturing plants and directly employ nearly 40,000 people. Our 1,800 North American dealerships sold more than 2.3 million cars and trucks in 2012 – and about 80 percent of all Toyota vehicles sold over the past 20 years are still on the road today.To date, Toyota has contributed more than $700 million to American nonprofit groups. For more information about Toyota's contributions in the U.S., visit www.toyotainaction.com. SOURCE Toyota
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV