Watch Out: Barbarians At The Gate For Iron Mountain (IRM)
- IRM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $43.2 million.
- IRM has traded 1.7 million shares today.
- IRM traded in a range 265.4% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.56.
- IRM traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 48 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 48 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IRM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IRM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on IRM: Iron Mountain Incorporated, together with its subsidiaries, provides information management services primarily in North America, Europe, Latin America, and the Asia Pacific. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4%. IRM has a PE ratio of 142.1. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Iron Mountain a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Iron Mountain has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Iron Mountain has a market cap of $5.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.57 and a short float of 8.9% with 8.50 days to cover. Shares are down 13% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Iron Mountain as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- IRM's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $120.68 million or 36.29% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, IRON MOUNTAIN INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -17.15%.
- The gross profit margin for IRON MOUNTAIN INC is rather high; currently it is at 58.89%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 0.53% trails the industry average.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. In comparison to the other companies in the Commercial Services & Supplies industry and the overall market, IRON MOUNTAIN INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- The share price of IRON MOUNTAIN INC has not done very well: it is down 22.66% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
- You can view the full Iron Mountain Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.