What It's Like Turning Off Your Phone at 'World's Best' Spa
SAN DIEGO (TheStreet) -- It took me some time to truly appreciate all that Rancho La Puerta has to offer.
I've been to spas all over the world -- Turkey, Thailand, Vietnam, the Caribbean -- and have plenty of experience treating myself to luxurious facials and massages. And I understand the value of personal maintenance.
Rancho La Puerta, the legendary wellness center in Tecate, Mexico, is far more than a glorified spa.
One of the biggest luxuries the ranch delivers is solitude and the time to slow down, reconnect with yourself, your mind and your body in an environment that couldn't be more peaceful. With its many flower- and tree-lined winding paths, yoga classes, morning hikes and dozens of other health and wellness classes, as well as an gourmet organic vegetarian menu, the 3,000-acre ranch is truly an experience in revitalizing and recharging your body and spirit.Add to this the ranch's guideline regarding cellular phone usage -- all phones are to be on silent and use of them is firmly discouraged except when in your room -- and you've found the ideal place for a detox, digital and otherwise. Still, for a person who has two jobs and is constantly connected to some form of technology or is always "doing" something -- whether it's taking care of my son or working late -- slowing down, relaxing, reflecting and letting go of technology involved a mental adjustment that took time. During my first evening at the ranch, I had dinner with several other guests, all of whom raved about their love of Rancho La Puerta and many of whom confessed to returning to the ranch year after year, some for 20 years now, some multiple times in a single year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV