ANN ARBOR, Mich., Nov. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Con-way Freight, a less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier and subsidiary of Con-way Inc. (NYSE: CNW), today named Stephen F. (Steve) Dean vice president of sales.
Mr. Dean, a 30-year veteran of the freight transportation and logistics industry, joins the company effective November 25. In his new role, he becomes Con-way Freight's top sales executive, responsible for leading a team of more than 400 sales professionals supporting the company's more than 300 service centers in North America. He also will oversee sales operations planning, customer development strategies, sales training and the application of Lean methodologies and practices throughout the sales process.
" Steve Dean is a respected sales professional who has developed and led innovative, successful sales organizations in both trucking and third-party logistics," noted Greg Lehmkuhl, president, Con-way Freight. "We're pleased to welcome Steve to the Con-way Freight team, and we look forward to his insight and leadership as we advance our sales organization to the next level."Mr. Dean joins Con-way Freight from Ryder Supply Chain Solutions, where since 2008 he has served as senior vice president of sales, marketing and solutions management for all of Ryder's vertical industry markets. Prior to Ryder, he spent 17 years with Menlo Worldwide Logistics, joining Menlo in 1991 as its first business development manager, later advancing through a series of increasingly responsible positions culminating in senior director of business development for Menlo's Global Automotive Industry group. He began his career in 1983 in LTL operations and sales, and over the next eight years worked for LTL carriers such as Ryder PIE, Smith Transfer, Preston Trucking and Central Transport. In 1990 he became vice president of operations for Rite Truck Lines.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV