New Lifetime High For Johnson Controls (JCI)
- JCI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $247.4 million.
- JCI has traded 3.5 million shares today.
- JCI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JCI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JCI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on JCI: Johnson Controls, Inc. engages in building efficiency, automotive experience, and power solutions businesses worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. JCI has a PE ratio of 27.8. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Johnson Controls a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for Johnson Controls has been 3.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Johnson Controls has a market cap of $32.5 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 1.60 and a short float of 0.8% with 1.08 days to cover. Shares are up 56.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Johnson Controls as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Auto Components industry. The net income increased by 1412.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$8.00 million to $105.00 million.
- JCI's revenue growth trails the industry average of 23.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,043.00 million or 31.36% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 13.06%.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 1600.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 77.54% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- JOHNSON CONTROLS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, JOHNSON CONTROLS INC reported lower earnings of $1.71 versus $1.79 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.25 versus $1.71).
- You can view the full Johnson Controls Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.