Trade-Ideas: CVS Caremark (CVS) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- CVS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $374.2 million.
- CVS has traded 4.0 million shares today.
- CVS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CVS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CVS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CVS: CVS Caremark Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, provides integrated pharmacy health care services in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. CVS has a PE ratio of 17.8. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate CVS Caremark a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for CVS Caremark has been 5.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. CVS Caremark has a market cap of $76.1 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.82 and a short float of 1.3% with 2.75 days to cover. Shares are up 32.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates CVS Caremark as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CVS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 30.37% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 36.08% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CVS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- CVS CAREMARK CORP has improved earnings per share by 30.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CVS CAREMARK CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.03 versus $2.61 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.96 versus $3.03).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Food & Staples Retailing industry average. The net income increased by 24.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1,006.00 million to $1,254.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 84.50% to $1,703.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CVS CAREMARK CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -0.16%.
- You can view the full CVS Caremark Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.