"The Night That Changed America: A GRAMMYA® Salute To The Beatles" To Be Broadcast Sunday, Feb. 9, 2014, On CBS
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Nov. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- To commemorate the 50th anniversary of one of the most historic moments in music and television, The Recording Academy ®, AEG Ehrlich Ventures and CBS will present "The Night That Changed America: A GRAMMY ® Salute To The Beatles." The primetime entertainment special will celebrate the remarkable legacy of the seven-time GRAMMY-winning group and their groundbreaking first appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show." The two-hour show will tape on Monday, Jan. 27, 2014, the day after the 56th Annual GRAMMY Awards ® , and will be broadcast in HDTV and 5.1 surround sound on the CBS Television Network Sunday, Feb. 9, 2014, from 8 – 10 p.m. ET/PT — exactly 50 years to the day, date, and time of the original event. For updates and breaking news, please visit GRAMMY.com, and The Recording Academy's social networks on Twitter and Facebook. Performers and presenters will be announced shortly.
"The Night That Changed America: A GRAMMY Salute To The Beatles" will feature today's top artists covering songs performed by the Fab Four that momentous evening in 1964 and Beatles songs through the years, and will include footage from that landmark Sunday evening, as well as other archival material. In addition, various presenters will help highlight and contextualize the musical, cultural and historical impact of the group and this legendary performance.
The Beatles' first appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show" is one of the most watched television events ever — with 74 million people tuning in to watch the group perform five songs during the variety hour. It is considered by many historians and critics as one of the most important moments in music and television.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV