KC's largest companies pitch business product ideas to entrepreneurs and innovators
KANSAS CITY, Mo., Nov. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The nation's only event where large corporations pitch business opportunities to entrepreneurs and technology businesses is taking place November 21, in Kansas City. The " Reverse Pitch" event presenters – including Sprint, DST, H&R Block and the Kansas City Chiefs – will share business product ideas with an audience of 200 innovators to forge partnerships and identify talent.
"Large corporations have traditionally kept quiet about their innovations and new product ideas," says Ryan Weber, president of KCnext, host of the event. "We're using the same format that entrepreneurs have been using for decades to get funded. For the first time, large companies will be the ones in the hot seat pitching their newest, best ideas to small business owners."
- DST Systems (NYSE: DST) - Nick Doyle, software architect
- H&R Block (NYSE: HRB) - George Guastello, vice president, corporate strategy
- Kansas City Chiefs NFL football team - Jeremy Zimmer, director of digital media and strategy
- Sprint Corporation (NYSE: S) - Kevin McGinnis, vice president, Pinsight Media/Sprint
- University of Missouri-Kansas City – Jim Baxendale, manager, Whiteboard to Boardroom regional commercialization program