HOPKINTON, Mass., Nov. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- #EMC #XtremIO is here! Extreme performance for any workload. With any array utilization. Over any period of time. http://bit.ly/1fyRnmO
- #EMC #XtremIO scales out! A unique multi-controller architecture designed for flash. http://bit.ly/1fyRnmO
- #EMC #XtremIO: Deduplication that is always on. Deduplication that is always inline. http://bit.ly/1fyRnmO
- #EMC #XtremIO reinvents RAID. 6X more efficient. 4X more performance. http://bit.ly/1fyRnmO
- #EMC #XtremIO: Better performance through better architecture. http://bit.ly/1fyRnmO
- #EMC #XtremIO is in demand! 10 Petabytes of effective capacity already sold. http://bit.ly/1fyRnmO
Interact with EMC Online:
- Register here to join the broadcast for additional access to EMC content and experts
- Join the conversation with #EMC and #XtremIO and follow @EMCXtrem and @EMCXtremIO
- View additional related news and views via EMC Pulse and Reflections blogs
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
Full Story:Today EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) announced general availability of EMC ® XtremIO ™, the industry's first and only all-flash array to provide consistent and predictable extreme performance to any application workload over any period of time, regardless of whether the array is idle or busy, empty or full. To achieve this, EMC XtremIO features several unique flash innovations: a scale-out multi-controller architecture with linear scalability; deduplication that is always on, and always inline; data protection that is 6X more efficient and 4X faster than traditional RAID. Under the covers, EMC XtremIO is architected differently than any other all-flash array. Four key technologies work in concert to maximize performance without compromising efficiency or durability:
- Content-Based Data Placement
- Dual-Stage Metadata Engine
- XtremIO Data Protection (XDP)
- Shared In-Memory Metadata
- Content-Based Data Placement keeps the array inherently balanced and optimized to within a fraction of a percent across all SSDs and array controllers and removes duplicate data inline in the data path.
- Dual-Stage Metadata Engine allows the array to fully leverage the random access nature of flash and place data anywhere in the array without requiring system level back-end cleaning processes (also known as garbage collection). This enables XtremIO to avoid the up to a 50% performance hit in IOPS, up to 1000% increase in latency, and up to 10X reduction in flash endurance compared to other flash arrays that use system level garbage collection.
- XtremIO Data Protection (XDP) is a flash-specific algorithm that guards against SSD failures while delivering up to 6X more usable capacity than traditional RAID. XDP allows end-users to utilize 100% of the capacity on XtremIO – while maintaining maximum levels of performance. Other all-flash arrays will begin to show degraded performance when they reach 60% to 80% of capacity. This means that XDP delivers up to 40% more usable capacity compared to other all-flash arrays. In addition, the efficient XDP algorithms deliver up to 4X better performance and flash endurance than RAID in long-term production data center conditions.
- Shared In-Memory Metadata enables the array to deliver the widest range of performance, and to rapidly clone information already in the array to massively accelerate common tasks like deploying virtual machines. Virtual machine clones are created at up to 20X the network bandwidth between the host and the array, several times faster and with lower impact to production virtual machines than other all-flash arrays.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV