The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE: DOW) announced today the early results for its previously announced cash tender offers for certain notes issued by Dow and its subsidiary Rohm and Haas Company. In addition, the Company announced it raised the tender cap, such that the aggregate principal amount sought in the tender offers is $700 million, versus the $500 million that was initially sought.
As set forth in the table below, as of 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on November 13, 2013 (the “early tender time”), Dow received tenders for approximately (i) $581 million aggregate principal amount of the 6.00% notes due 2017 issued by Rohm and Haas listed below, and (ii) $402 million aggregate principal amount of the 5.70% notes due 2018 issued by Dow listed below. The amount of tendered notes exceeds the previously announced tender cap of $500 million. Based on the revised $700 million tender cap and the proration terms of the tender offers, Dow accepted for purchase $414 million and $286 million aggregate principal amount of the 6.00% notes due 2017 and the 5.70% notes due 2018, respectively, validly tendered at or prior to the early tender time, resulting in aggregate consideration of $816 million (plus an additional $4.5 million in aggregate accrued interest). The notes that have been validly tendered at or prior to the early tender time and accepted in the tender offers will be purchased, retired and cancelled by the relevant issuer on the early settlement date, which is expected to occur on November 18, 2013.
|Title of Security||Issuer||
CUSIP No. / ISIN No.
Principal Amount Outstanding
Principal Amount Tendered as of the Early Tender Time
Percent of Outstanding Principal Amount Tendered(1)
|6.00% notes due 2017||Rohm and Haas||775371AV9 / US775371AV92||$850,000,000||$581,377,000||68.4%|
|5.70% notes due 2018||Dow||260543BV4 / US260543BV48||$800,000,000||$401,558,000||50.2%|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV