Roku® Inc. and AOL today announced that the two companies have partnered to bring a faster and simpler way for consumers to access news content and current events on Roku streaming devices. Located on the home screen menu of the Roku interface, the integrated news service powered by AOL On provides an extensive video selection and real-time access to news-related videos from more than eight categories including business, entertainment and technology. Consumers can also access more than 1,000 premier publishers including the Wall Street Journal, The Associated Press, Reuters, BBCNews, HuffPost Live, Newsy, E!, CNET, Engadget, ET, StoryHunter and globalpost.
“By delivering premium content from AOL’s owned properties and from our syndication partners, we’re able to provide Roku users with on-demand access to hundreds of continuously-refreshed news videos from the moment they start watching,” said Rob Delacruz, general manager of connected TV and mobile video at AOL.
“News is among the fastest growing categories on the Roku platform and this partnership with AOL makes it even easier for customers to find and start watching a variety of news videos,” said Steve Shannon, general manager of content and services, Roku. “This is the first integrated news service on a TV streaming platform and we expect for it to be a big hit.”
The integrated news service powered by AOL On is available today free of charge in the U.S. on the new Roku 2, Roku 1 and Roku LT players, and will automatically roll out as a free software update in the coming weeks to all current-generation Roku devices including the Roku 3, Roku 2 XS, Roku 2 XD, Roku 2 HD, Roku HD (model 2500) and Roku LT (models 2400 and 2450) players as well as the Roku Streaming Stick™.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV