Denny’s Corporation (NASDAQ:DENN), franchisor and operator of one of America's largest full-service restaurant chains, in partnership with the Denny’s Franchisee Association, today announced the recipients of their most prestigious annual awards which were recently presented to deserving franchise groups on October 30 at the 2013 Denny's Franchisee Association Convention & Trade Show in Las Vegas, NV. Each year the convention provides the Denny’s community the opportunity to come together to celebrate the Company’s progress and to develop future plans for the continued success of the brand.
“We are pleased to honor a few of our many dedicated franchisees who have demonstrated outstanding performance in building their businesses and serving their local communities every day,” commented John Miller, president and chief executive officer of Denny’s Corporation. “Denny’s success is due in large part to the hard work of our outstanding partners and we would like to thank each and every one of them for their commitment to the brand and providing guests a unique diner experience.”
Craig Barber, chairman of Denny’s Franchisee Association Board added, “Each year the DFA Convention celebrates the positive contributions of a collaborative DFA Board, franchise community and Denny’s corporate leadership team that is focused and making great strides in rejuvenating Denny’s. We are more energized than ever to continue elevation of the brand as we unleash the power of America’s Diner to its full potential.”
Denny’s recognized this year’s top awards recipients for their remarkable performance this year:
- Franchisee of the Year, Large Operator – Mohammad Kabir of Moer Foods, Inc. won the Large Operator category for franchisees operating 10 restaurants or more
- Franchisee of the Year, Small Category – Jerry D. Fouts of J & D Restaurants, Inc. won the Small Operator category for franchisees operating nine restaurants or less
- President’s Guiding Principle Award – Carl Ferland of Den Success Inc. was awarded this achievement for his outstanding commitment to the Denny’s brand
- Developer of the Year – Mike Tatari and Ali Sharaf of Almo Investment, Ltd.
- Donnell Thompson and Ronald Wooten of RWDT Foods, Inc.
- International Developer of the Year – Roberto Larach of Comidas Especializadas, S.De R.L.
- Denny’s awarded its Guiding Principles Awards to the following franchisees who demonstrated the core attributes of Denny’s on a daily basis:
- ‘Guests First’ was awarded to Agustin Monge of Sendero De Ensueno (S.E.) S.A.
- ‘Embrace Openness’ was awarded to Joey and Susan Terrell of RTE 66 Corp.
- ‘Proud of Our Heritage’ was awarded to Bobby Naicker of Dencan Restaurants, Inc.
- ‘Hungry to Win’ was awarded to David and Sam Faldu of OM Foods Inc.
- ‘The Power of We’ was awarded to Carl Ferland of Den Success Inc.
- Share Our Strength Award – Maher Ismail of Aliya Food Service Inc. was the franchise restaurant that raised the most money for Dine Out For No Kid Hungry
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts