AMSTERDAM and SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AVG Technologies N.V. (NYSE: AVG), the provider of Internet and mobile security, privacy and optimization to 172 million active users, today introduces two new applications to help maintain, clean up, and protect Apple® Mac® OS X® computers.
AVG Cleaner™ for Mac provides MacBook Air®, MacBook Pro®, iMac® and Mac Pro® users running OS X Mavericks (and previous) with a simple and effective way to keep their favorite devices running at peak performance. AVG Cleaner for Mac, available to download for free from the Mac App Store, tackles the invisible data trash and unwanted duplicate files that gather on a computer through everyday usage, helping keep disk space available for storing precious photos, music and other important files.AVG AntiVirus for Mac (currently being released in Beta test version) is also free to download from AVG's Beta program and features a powerful security engine that works in real time to detect and remove viruses and spyware that could infect your Mac or be passed on to your PC or mobile devices. This is the latest product in AVG's comprehensive range of free protection products for devices running on today's most popular platforms and within the Beta program, we welcome early user feedback to help us refine the features. AVG Cleaner for Mac makes finding and removing hidden clutter and duplicates easy, including:
- Forgotten duplicate files: Viewing, copying and editing files could result in duplicate music, photos, videos and documents taking up gigabytes of space on a drive.
- Uninstall leftovers: Even if an application has been uninstalled, unneeded cache files may remain
- Download folder: Many old unneeded files including setup files, videos, pictures and documents may end up in the OS X download folder.
- Browser cache: Safari®, Chrome®, and Firefox® web browsers store non critical temporary cache files and cookies in a cache folder. Deleting this cache not only frees up drive space but can help protect privacy.
- Crash files and logs: update logs and crash reports are created automatically by both Mac OS and 3rd party applications. This data is not critical and can waste a lot of drive space...
- Triple protection: AVG's award winning detection technology scans for Mac, PC, and mobile-based malware. As well as protecting the user's Mac and that they don't transfer malware to their other devices or share them with friends or co-workers
- Drag & drop functionality: Users can run a thorough scan of their entire Mac or drag and drop files or folders and scan them individually
- Automatic Updates: To stay ahead of the growing number of Mac threats, AVG is constantly innovating and evolving the detection methods. Updates to AVG's virus database get pushed to users automatically, so their Mac protection is always up-to-date.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts