Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) today announced that Wyeth LLC, its wholly owned subsidiary, has notified The Bank of New York Mellon, as trustee under the applicable indenture, of its election to fully redeem all of its outstanding 5.500% Notes due February 1, 2014 (CUSIP No. 983024AE0) (the “Notes”). The aggregate principal amount of Notes currently outstanding is $1.75 billion. The redemption date for the Notes will be December 16, 2013 (the “Redemption Date”).
The redemption price (“Redemption Price”) for the Notes will be a price equal to the greater of (i) 100% of the principal amount of the Notes, or (ii) the sum, as determined by the Quotation Agent (as defined in the Global Note, the form of which was filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission as part of Exhibit 4.6 to Wyeth’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2003 (File No. 001-01225) (the “Global Note”)), of the present value of the principal amount of the Notes and the remaining scheduled payments of interest on the Notes from the Redemption Date to the maturity date of the Notes, exclusive of interest accrued to the Redemption Date, discounted from their respective scheduled payment dates to the Redemption Date on a semiannual basis (assuming a 360-day year of twelve 30-day months) at the Treasury Rate (as defined in the Global Note) plus 25 basis points, plus accrued and unpaid interest on the principal amount being redeemed to (but excluding) the Redemption Date.
On and after the Redemption Date, the Redemption Price will become due and payable in respect of the Notes, and interest on the Notes will cease to accrue on and after such date.
Notice of the redemption of the Notes (the “Notice of Redemption”) is expected to be mailed on November 14, 2013. The redemption will be effected in accordance with the applicable terms of the indenture under which the Notes were issued.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV