Manchester United (NYSE: MANU; the “Company” and the “Group”) – one of the most popular and successful sports teams in the world - today announced financial results for the 2014 fiscal first quarter ended 30 September 2013.
- Commercial revenues of £59.9 million
- Sponsorship revenue increased 62.6%.
- Retail, merchandising apparel & product licensing revenue up 13.8%.
- Twelve new sponsorship deals activated in the first quarter – Aeroflot and Bulova (global); Pepsi, Apollo Tyres, Federal Tyres and Manda Fermentation (regional); Commercial Bank Qatar, Emirates Bank, MBNA and afb (financial services); Sky NZ (MUTV) and True Corporation (mobile and MUTV).
- Broadcasting revenues increased 40.9% due to the new FAPL domestic and international TV rights agreements.
Ed Woodward, Executive Vice Chairman commented, “We are pleased to have achieved another record first quarter, driven by the strength of our commercial business and increased broadcasting revenues. Our unique approach to the commercial business will continue to drive future growth. We are also excited by the continuing rise in the value of sports content, evidenced, amongst other things, by the recently announced BT deal for the UK rights to broadcast the Champions League and Europa League matches for three seasons from 2015/16. This deal represents a meaningful increase over the current arrangement, which should translate into higher broadcasting revenues for the participating clubs.”Outlook For fiscal 2014, Manchester United continues to expect:
- Revenue to be £420m to £430m.
- Adjusted EBITDA to be £128m to £133m.
Key Financials (unaudited)
|£ million (except adjusted earnings per share)|| Three months ended
|(Loss)/profit for the period (i.e. Net Income)||(0.3)||20.5||N/A|
|Adjusted profit/(loss) for the period (i.e. Adjusted Net Income/(Loss))*||2.2||(0.6)||N/A|
|Adjusted basic and diluted earnings/(loss) per share (pence)*||1.37||(0.39)||N/A|
|Cash and cash equivalents||83.6||52.5||59.2%|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV