Tecma Talk Podcast Examines Mexico's Automotive Industry
EL PASO, Texas, Nov. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mike Tracey, an automotive industry expert at the Howell, Michigan-based Agile Group, recently visited with the Tecma Group of Companies to examine current investment trends and activities in Mexico's automotive industry.
During the approximately twenty minute discussion Tracy explains some of the factors that will result in Mexico being the producer of one in six passenger vehicles in North America by the end of 2014.
According to the consultant, "Because of the economic slowdown that occurred, as a result of the great recession, companies in the automotive sector needed an expansion solution for the cost-effective replacement of capacity that had gone obsolete during that period. Both OEMs and suppliers have come to view Mexico's automotive industry as being the best place for the installation of new plant and equipment due to its competitive costs, proximity to major markets and network of free trade agreements that enhance Mexican product competitiveness over a broad swath of geographies."
Much of the new capacity that is being installed in Mexico has been situated in the South Central region of the country that includes the states of Guanajuato, Aguascalentes and Queretaro. Tracy expects that automotive manufacturing in Mexico will thrive and continue to do so in some of the new industry locations where infrastructure is being further developed to handle greater production.About The Agile Group The Agile Group is a Howell, Michigan-based consultancy. It specializes in large scale program management for projects in the automotive, aerospace and heavy equipment industries. The company works with OEMs and suppliers worldwide. About The Tecma Group of Companies
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV