- CSN posted record net revenue of R$4.7 billion in 3Q13, 15% up on 2Q13. Year-to-date net revenue came to R$12.4 billion, also a new record;
- Adjusted EBITDA totaled R$1.7 billion in 3Q13, 51% up on the R$1.1 billion recorded in 2Q13, fueled by the mining and steel segments;
- The consolidated EBITDA margin reached 31% in 3Q13, the highest quarterly figure since 4Q11;
- Net revenue from steel operations reached the record amount of R$3.2 billion in 3Q13, 2% up on 2Q13. In the first nine months, steel revenue came to R$9.3 billion, 17% more than in 9M12 and another new record;
- Total steel sales in 9M13 amounted to 4.7 million tonnes, while domestic steel sales totaled 3.6 million tonnes, both 8% up year-on-year and also new records;
- Third-quarter net revenue from mining operations reached R$1.6 billion, 67% higher than in 2Q13.
- Iron ore shipped through Tecar, in the Port of Itaguai, reached its highest ever volume of 8.3 million tonnes in 3Q13;
- Net revenue from port logistics (Tecon) was also a record, totaling R$133 million in 9M13, 22% up year-on-year, with a record number of 194 thousand containers handled;
- CSN's cement sales in the first nine months reached an all-time high of 1.5 million tonnes, generating record net revenue of R$308 million;
- CSN closed the third quarter with cash and cash equivalents of R$14.4 billion.
CSN Posts Record Steel And Mining Revenue In 3Q13
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.