German Economy Slows In Q3 As Exports Drag
BERLIN (AP) a¿¿ German economic growth slowed in the third quarter as exports weighed on the economy.
The Federal Statistical Office said Thursday that Europe's largest economy grew by a quarterly rate of only 0.3 percent in the July to September period, down from the 0.7 percent growth recorded in the second-quarter.
Individual growth components are slated for release later in the month but the office said "positive contributions were made only by domestic demand." It added that "the balance of exports and imports... had a downward effect on GDP growth."
ING analyst Carsten Brzeski said factors like low unemployment, increasing wages and strong external demand for German products indicate the country's "economy remains the stronghold of the Eurozone."He says "there is little reason to doubt the stability of the German economy."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV