Xiamen Airlines Celebrates 100th Boeing Airplane In Its All-Boeing Fleet
SEATTLE and XIAMEN, China, Nov. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- On Nov. 12 in Seattle, Boeing delivered a brand new 737-800 airplane to Xiamen Airlines, a SkyTeam member. It is the 100th plane in the airline's all-Boeing fleet.
Xiamen Airlines commenced service in 1985 with two Boeing 737-200s serving three cities. The carrier is now China's sixth-largest, serving 218 domestic routes as well as 26 international and regional routes. With delivery of the Boeing 737-800, Xiamen Airlines' fleet now consists of 100 aircraft. It is China's only all-Boeing fleet and one of the world's youngest, with an average age of 5.08 years.
"Having an all-Boeing fleet is a key component of our growth strategy and our ability to achieve 27 consecutive years of profitability," said Che Shanglun, president and chairman of Xiamen Airlines. "With excellent reliability, operational efficiency and long range, Boeing's planes have enabled us to expand our network internationally.""Xiamen Airlines is a valued customer of the Boeing Company and we are delighted to see their remarkable growth over the past 29 years," said Ihssane Mounir, senior vice president of sales for Northeast Asia, Boeing Commercial Airplanes. "We look forward to continuing our longstanding partnership by providing more value with our industry-leading products and services." Over the next two years, Xiamen Airlines plans to add 30 more B737-800s and six more B787s, expanding its fleet to 136 airplanes, and to expand globally by gradually forming a route network that radiates across the Asia Pacific region and connects with Europe and the U.S. Xiamen Airlines' expects to keep growing of its Boeing fleet beyond 2016. The carrier has just signed Letters of Request to buy 70 B737NGs and B737MAXs. By 2020, the fleet will grow to more than 200 airplanes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV