National League Of Cities Day Two Events At Congress Of Cities And Exposition In Seattle, Wash.
SEATTLE, Nov. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The National League of Cities' (NLC) annual Congress of Cities and Exposition opens its general session and exhibition hall Thursday at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, WA. The conference brings local leaders from across the U.S., including many of NLC's members, to participate in the four-day conference and develop skills through workshops, leadership training and engagement opportunities.
Attendees to the Congress of Cities and Exposition include America's mayors, city officials and other local leaders. They will be available for media interviews covering a range of topics from good government and city fiscal health to recent mayoral elections.
Thursday, Nov. 14 Highlights:Opening General Session Speakers
- Anthony Foxx, Secretary, United States Department of Transportation
- Carol Coletta, Vice President for Community and National Initiatives, John S. and James L. Knight Foundation
- Brad Smith, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Microsoft
- Angela Glover Blackwell, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, PolicyLink
- Priority Based Budgeting Part II: Looking at the Budget Through a New Lens
- Creating Immigrant-Friendly Cities and Communities: A Focus on Strategies, Policies and Programs
- Authentic Youth Civic Engagement
- Collaboration Multiplier: Working Across Sectors to Foster Healthy and Safe Communities
- The Affordable Care Act and Your City, Your Employees and Your Residents
- Microsoft Campus Tour: Modernize Your City with Connected Citizen Services Transformation in the 21st Century
- Partnerships to Fill Skills Gaps
- Seattle Youth Violence Prevention Initiative
- Playing for Savings: How Seattle Sports Facilities are Leading the Charge to Build a More Sustainable Community
- Reaching the Maximum Velocity: How the City of Kenmore is Leveraging Local Businesses to Strengthen Economic Development
- The Living Building Challenge: What Your City Can Learn from the Greenest Commercial Building in the World
- Transformation of the South Lake Union Neighborhood
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts