Trade-Ideas: AOL (AOL) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified AOL (AOL) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified AOL as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AOL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $131.0 million.
- AOL is up 3.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AOL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AOL NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on AOL: AOL Inc., a Web services brand company, offers a suite of online content, products, and services to consumers, advertisers, publishers, and subscribers worldwide. AOL has a PE ratio of 34.1. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate AOL a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.The average volume for AOL has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. AOL has a market cap of $3.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. The stock has a beta of 1.09 and a short float of 14.7% with 4.18 days to cover. Shares are up 45.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates AOL as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- AOL's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.04 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.15, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- In its most recent trading session, AOL has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- AOL INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AOL INC increased its bottom line by earning $11.02 versus $0.14 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 81.5% in earnings ($2.04 versus $11.02).
- You can view the full AOL Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV