PALO ALTO, Calif., Nov. 13, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ocera Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq:OCRX), a biopharmaceutical company focused on innovative therapeutics for orphan liver disease, announced today financial results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2013.
Ocera Business Updates
Since the start of the third quarter, Ocera's business updates include:
- completion of the merger between Ocera Therapeutics, Inc., the privately-held company and Tranzyme, Inc. on July 15, 2013, following which the combined company was renamed Ocera Therapeutics, Inc.
- completion of two private placement (PIPE) financings - the first closed on July 15, 2013 in conjunction with the merger and raised $20 million in gross proceeds and the second closed on November 8, 2013 and raised an additional $28 million in gross proceeds
- key addition to the executive team with the hiring of Jeryl L. Hilleman as chief financial officer
- finalization of OCR-002 Phase 2b protocol for acute hepatic encephalopathy in 200 patients, and initiation of clinical trial activities preparing for first patient enrollment
- approval and initiation of a restructuring plan for our Canadian operations to enable the company to focus its resources on the clinical development of OCR-002.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV