Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is supporting the Philippines typhoon and flood relief effort with a grant of $250,000 – more than Php 10 million – with $125,000 going to the American Red Cross and $125,000 to the International Medical Corps. These funds will help with the ongoing relief efforts and rehabilitation in the affected areas of the Philippines in the aftermath of Typhoon Haiyan.
“This typhoon has brought unprecedented devastation and loss of life to the Philippines,” said Tim Hanlon, head of Strategic Philanthropy and Partnerships for Wells Fargo. “While we are grateful that all of our team members there are safe and accounted for, our hearts go out to all those who were impacted by this storm. Our contribution will help get aid quickly to those who need it.”
Wells Fargo is also temporarily waiving all remittance transfer fees for ExpressSend® transfers from an eligible checking or savings account to reduce the cost of sending money to the Philippines to support friends and family. Customers can send funds to their family or friends in the Philippines at a number of remittance network members – including Bank of the Philippine Islands, BDO Unibank, Metrobank, M. Lhuillier and Cebuana Lhuillier – by calling Wells Fargo Global Remittance Services at 1-800-556-0605, going online at wellsfargo.com, or visiting a Wells Fargo banking store. The first remittance for a service agreement must be completed in person at a store. The fee waiver is effective November 13 through November 30, 2013.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the families and communities that have been devastated by this storm,” said Daniel Ayala, head of Wells Fargo's Global Remittance Services Group. “As these communities begin the long, difficult process of recovery, we’re working closely with our remittance network members in the Philippines to make sure our customers and team members are able to support their families and friends.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV