Chevron Corporation (NYSE: CVX) announced today that it has contributed $1.5 million to the American Red Cross to provide disaster relief assistance to Philippine communities affected by Typhoon Haiyan.
“Chevron is committed to helping the people of the region begin to recover in the aftermath of this tragic event," said Steve Green, Chevron vice president of Policy, Government and Public Affairs." While Typhoon Haiyan has inflicted great damage to many local communities, we are certain that it will not break the spirit or resolve of the Philippine people.”
Chevron is one of the largest investors in the Philippines and has done business in country for more than 90 years. The company currently employs more than 1,600 employees and has operations in geothermal, gas to power, shared services and a fuels and lubricants business in the Philippines.
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies, with subsidiaries that conduct business worldwide. The company is involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and lubricants; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; provides energy efficiency solutions; and develops the energy resources of the future, including biofuels. Chevron is based in San Ramon, Calif. More information about Chevron is available at www.chevron.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV