PHILADELPHIA, Nov. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- FMC Corporation (NYSE: FMC) today announced a disaster relief donation of $75,000 to the American Red Cross to support ongoing recovery efforts in the wake of Typhoon Haiyan. FMC has seaweed processing operations in Cebu, Philippines, supporting its Health and Nutrition business, and an IT regional service center and business operations in Manila.
"We are all shocked and saddened at the devastation in the Philippines from the October earthquake and Typhoon Haiyan," said Pierre Brondeau, FMC president, CEO and chairman. "Although we are extremely grateful that all of our employees throughout the Philippines are safe, we know that the storm's impact across the country has displaced families, impacted food supplies and damaged telecommunications infrastructure. Our thoughts are with the Philippine people during this very difficult time, and we hope these funds assist with critical recovery efforts."
About FMCFMC Corporation is a diversified chemical company serving agricultural, industrial, environmental, and consumer markets globally for more than a century with innovative solutions, applications and quality products. In 2012, FMC had annual sales of approximately $3.4 billion. The company employs approximately 6,000 people throughout the world, and operates its businesses in three segments: FMC Agricultural Solutions, FMC Health and Nutrition, and FMC Minerals. For more information, visit www.FMC.com. SOURCE FMC Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV