NEW YORK, Nov. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Weight Watchers International, Inc. (NYSE: WTW) today mourns the passing of John F. Bard, a member of the Company's Board of Directors and Chairman of its Audit Committee.
"John's passing comes as a great loss to us. We all greatly benefited from and will deeply miss his advice and counsel. Directors and management of the Company extend their heartfelt condolences to John's family," said Jim Chambers, President and Chief Executive Officer, Weight Watchers International, Inc. "In my brief tenure with Weight Watchers, I always found John to be a deep thinker with the highest standards of professionalism and integrity."
Ray Debbane, Chairman of the Board of Directors added, "For more than 10 years, John provided tremendous insight, support and guidance to the Company as a member of the Board. He brought to bear his many years of successful business experience to Board discussions. It has been a privilege to work with John and he will be greatly missed both as a colleague and a friend."
About Weight Watchers International, Inc. Weight Watchers International, Inc. is the world's leading provider of weight management services, operating globally through a network of Company-owned and franchise operations. Weight Watchers holds over 40,000 meetings each week where members receive group support and learn about healthy eating patterns, behavior modification and physical activity. WeightWatchers.com provides innovative, subscription weight management products over the Internet and is the leading Internet-based provider of these products in the world. In addition, Weight Watchers offers a wide range of products, publications and programs for those interested in weight loss and weight control.Contact: Weight Watchers International, Inc. Lori Scherwin Investor Relations (212) 589-2713 Brainerd Communicators, Inc. Corey Kinger (212) 986-6667 SOURCE Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV