NEW YORK, Nov. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Alleghany Corporation (NYSE-Y) announced today that it will host an Investor Day in New York City on Friday, November 22, from 10:30 a.m. through 3:00 p.m. EST. President and chief executive officer Weston M. Hicks, and Senior Vice President and chief financial officer Jack Sennott will be joined by senior management of Alleghany and its operating companies. Presentations will cover corporate and operating company strategies, growth initiatives and financials.
Presentation slides and a simultaneous audio webcast of the Investor Day may be accessed through the Alleghany Web site at www.alleghany.com. An audio replay will also be available for one year after the event.
About Alleghany Corporation
Alleghany Corporation (NYSE-Y) creates value through owning and managing operating subsidiaries and investments, anchored by a core position in property and casualty reinsurance and insurance. Alleghany's property and casualty subsidiaries include: Transatlantic Holdings, Inc., a leading global reinsurer; RSUI Group, Inc., a national underwriter of property and liability specialty insurance coverages; Capitol Transamerica Corporation, an underwriter of small commercial property, casualty and surety insurance coverages; and Pacific Compensation Corporation, an underwriter of workers' compensation insurance primarily in California.SOURCE Alleghany Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV