CHICAGO, Nov. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Grainger (NYSE: GWW), the leading broad line supplier of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) products serving businesses and institutions, today held its Annual Analyst Meeting at its new, highly automated, 1 million square foot distribution center in Minooka, Illinois. Grainger's Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Jim Ryan hosted the event. The meeting also included presentations from several other Grainger leaders.
"Grainger is well-positioned for continued growth and share gain because of our proven strategy and our financial strength. We know the power of scale in a consolidating industry and we see significant opportunity to continue to invest in our business to outpace the market and deliver strong shareholder returns over the long-term," said Mr. Ryan.
As part of the meeting, Grainger provided the following outlook for sales and earnings in 2013 and 2014:
- For the 2013 fourth quarter, the company is forecasting sales to increase 6 to 8 percent and expects earnings per share of $2.53 to $2.73.
- For the full year 2013, the company reiterated its sales growth forecast of 5 to 6 percent, and its earnings per share guidance of $11.45 to $11.65.
- For the full year 2014, the company is forecasting sales growth of 6 to 10 percent, and expects earnings per share of $12.25 to $13.00.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV