A recent Staples, Inc. (Nasdaq: SPLS) survey reveals that 27 percent say it would be hard to get presents for a significant other, 23 percent have a hard time shopping for the in-laws, and 19 percent say the same for both mothers and bosses. While millions of shoppers worry about finding holiday gifts, Staples makes it easy to find the perfect gift for even the seeming most ungiftable person with an expanded assortment of unexpected gifts at guaranteed low prices.
“The perfect gift is really just a thoughtful gift,” said Anna Post, great-great granddaughter of Emily Post and co-author of Emily Post’s Etiquette, 18 th Edition. “Whether you’re shopping for a parent, your brother, or your boss, consider what the person likes. If you have some shared interests, go for something you personally think is fun or interesting. The perfect gift also has to feel good to give, meaning the price shouldn’t make you wince.”
Anna Post’s suggestions for the perfect gifts at Staples this holiday season include:
- HOT NEW TECH: Technology is among the most popular gifts on everybody’s list this year. To find the right tablet or Chromebook that fits the needs of the intended recipient and your budget, visit your local Staples store where trained associates can help with the selection including the Microsoft Surface 2, HP Pavilion Chromebook or Lenovo Flex Dual-Mode touch screen laptop. Tech accessories also make a great gift including a new case by Belkin, Speck or Morphie Juice Pack or new ear buds such as the Monster isport Strive ($69.99) and Intensity ($99.99) which are sweat proof, washable and provide exceptional sound.
- GIFTS UNDER $50: Great gifts don’t have to break the bank! The Buxton Simplicity Tote is a wonderful choice for mom ($39.99) and the LeMarqueur drink/container marker makes a great stocking stuffer ($5.99). Pair it with the Chill-It Wine Bag for a great hostess gift ($6.99). For kids, consider the Digital Drumsticks ($40) or the Crayola Photo Mashup Pack ($19.99) both available in stores. Consider the Animal Planet Large Pet Bet ($29.99) for the pet lover. Visit Staples stores or the Staples.com/HolidayCenter for more gift ideas sorted by category.
- PERSONALIZED GIFTS WITH STAPLES COPY & PRINT®: Create a personal gift that lasts the whole year long with personalized photo wall calendars (starting at $15.99). Or turn a favorite photo into a work of art with Staples Canvas prints (starting at $34.99). If you’re looking for something special for the sports or art enthusiast, consider the new Staples Sports and Art Photo Gallery, which features professional photography of sports teams, prints of famous artwork or city/landscapes that can be printed the same day in stores (starting at $34.99). Or take a photograph from a memorable vacation and have it enlarged ($6.99 and up) at Staples for a truly memorable gift.
About StaplesStaples is the world’s largest office products company and second largest internet retailer. For 26 years, Staples has served the needs of business customers and its vision is to provide every product businesses need to succeed. Through its world-class retail, online and delivery capabilities, Staples offers office supplies, technology products and services, facilities and breakroom supplies, furniture, copy and print services and a wide range of other product categories. With thousands of associates worldwide dedicated to making it easy for businesses of all sizes, Staples operates throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. The company is headquartered outside Boston. More information about Staples (Nasdaq: SPLS) is available at www.staples.com. About the Survey The Staples Winter Holiday Survey was conducted by Kelton between October 16 th and October 21 st, 2013 among 1,071 nationally representative Americans ages 18 and over, using an email invitation and an online survey. Quotas are set to ensure reliable and accurate representation of the entire U.S. population ages 18 and over. Results of any sample are subject to sampling variation. The magnitude of the variation is measurable and is affected by the number of interviews and the level of the percentages expressing the results. In this particular study, the chances are 95 in 100 that a survey result does not vary, plus or minus, by more than 3 percentage points from the result that would be obtained if interviews had been conducted with all persons in the universe represented by the sample. The margin of error for any subgroups will be slightly higher. Kelton is a leading global insights firm serving as a partner to more than 100 of the Fortune 500 and thousands of smaller companies and organizations. Utilizing a wide range of customized, innovative research techniques and staff expertise in marketing, branding, PR, media, and business strategy; Kelton helps drive our clients' businesses forward.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts