Adobe Systems (ADBE) On Momo Momentum Watch Today
- ADBE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $219.5 million.
- ADBE has a PE ratio of 63.8.
- ADBE is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- ADBE is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- ADBE is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- ADBE is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- ADBE has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 0.4%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ADBE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ADBE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ADBE: Adobe Systems Incorporated operates as a diversified software company worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Digital Media, Digital Marketing, and Print and Publishing. ADBE has a PE ratio of 63.8. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Adobe Systems a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Adobe Systems has been 3.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Adobe Systems has a market cap of $28.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.41 and a short float of 1.5% with 1.82 days to cover. Shares are up 49.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Adobe Systems as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ADBE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.22 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.77, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ADBE's share price has jumped by 58.85%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The gross profit margin for ADOBE SYSTEMS INC is currently very high, coming in at 92.17%. Regardless of ADBE's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ADBE's net profit margin of 8.34% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- ADBE, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 7.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- ADOBE SYSTEMS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. Despite the past stability of earnings, the consensus estimate anticipates a weakening in earnings. During the past fiscal year, ADOBE SYSTEMS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.66 versus $1.65 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 18.9% in earnings ($1.35 versus $1.66).
- You can view the full Adobe Systems Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts