Chevron Products Company, a Chevron U.S.A. Inc. division, maker of the Delo® brand of technologically advanced engine oils, lubricants and coolants, released a case study demonstrating the performance of Delo® lubricants for R.E. West Transportation. The Nashville, Tennessee-based company was able to safely achieve 70,000 mile drain intervals* – an increase of 20,000 miles over the OEM recommendation – due to the durability provided by Delo 400 LE SAE 15W-40.
R.E. West Transportation is a nationally recognized contract and dedicated carrier with a fleet of 120 trucks and 300 trailers. A family business, R.E. “Bob” West founded the company in 1969, and has used Chevron Delo Lubricants and Delo Extended Life Coolant for its fleet since the company’s early days.
With a keen eye on its oil analysis program, R.E. West decided the engine durability Delo 400 LE SAE 15W-40 provided meant they could safely extend the oil drain intervals on their Detroit Diesel DD15 engines – from the OEM recommended 50,000 miles to 70,000 miles. “Even with the extension, the company continued to see clean engines in top condition with minimal wear,” said founder and CEO Bob West.
The company recently dismantled one of its DD15 engines with 400,000 miles of service using Delo 400 LE SAE 15W-40 to see the effect of the extended oil drain intervals. “The protection Delo offers was clear,” said R.E. West Maintenance Manager Dustin Stricker as he examined the engine. “With the extended drain intervals we’ve seen great wear [protection.]”Inspecting the engine, Chevron Mechanical Engineer Keith Narasaki said that despite the severe service the engine had seen and the extended drain schedule, its piston deposits were minimal and wear on liners and bearings was low. “It’s very exceptional,” said Narasaki. “On a scale of zero to 10, many of these parts would be 9.5, 9.6, which is almost like a new engine.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV