They want to own it.
What do you do now if you are one of those people? I would go read any of a number of terrific research pieces that are now out about Twitter. I would learn about what you own from SunTrust's Rob Peck or Colin Sebastian at Baird, both of whom have penned high-quality, level-headed pieces about the company. They can help you make a considered judgment as to whether you should buy more, hold or sell.
Ultimately Twitter can go higher from the opening-day price. It Twitter gets it right, you could see the same denouement here as what we saw in Facebook (FB). The latter was a stock that got cut severely -- not in half, but maybe down to the low-$30s -- and then rallied higher as the company grew into its market capitalization.
I fear most that Twitter shares will get hammered again, and that you will proceed to sell. Perhaps that journey down may be too much for you. If you do the homework, you will at least be forewarned about the overvaluation, and you can either get comfortable with it or cut and run now, when it is still priced too high. Either way, accept that now you are an investor, not a flipper, and that you simply got started at the wrong level.At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, was long FB.
Editor's Note: This article was originally published at 7:53 a.m. EST on Real Money on Nov. 13.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV