The Wall Street Journal recently looked at how fast-food companies are revamping their menus in an attempt to attract new customers and boost sales.
For example, McDonald’s ( MCD) is offering healthier menu items such as oatmeal, smoothies, salads and vegetables. However, the company has had a difficult time driving sales for these new offerings so far, according to the article.Scott Rothbort, the founder of LakeView Asset Management who manages the Restaurant and Food Chain portfolio on the Covestor platform, offered his thoughts on McDonald’s recent moves:
“They’ve gone about as far as they can with their menu,” says Scott Rothbort, who holds McDonald’s shares as president of LakeView Asset Management and portfolio manager at Covestor. He says McDonald’s needs a bold move, like opening McCaf coffee shops inside gas stations or developing a higher-end burger or ethnic chain under a different brand name.Read the full story at WSJ.com.
Photo Credit: _skynet
The post McDonald’s needs to make a bold move now – Rothbort appeared first on Smarter Investing
Covestor Ltd. is a registered investment advisor. Covestor licenses investment strategies from its Model Managers to establish investment models. The commentary here is provided as general and impersonal information and should not be construed as recommendations or advice. Information from Model Managers and third-party sources deemed to be reliable but not guaranteed. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Transaction histories for Covestor models available upon request. Additional important disclosures available at http://site.covestor.com/help/disclosures. For information about Covestor and its services, go to http://covestor.com or contact Covestor Client Services at (866) 825-3005, x703.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV