G.I. Jobs Magazine has named U.S. Bank one of the nation’s Top 100 Military Friendly Employers® for the third consecutive year. The 2014 Military Friendly Employers® represent those companies with the strongest military recruiting programs and meaningful job opportunities for transitioning service members and spouses seeking civilian employment. The ranking is featured in the December issue of the magazine, and online at www.militaryfriendly.com.
U.S. Bank surpassed its goal of hiring 1,000 military veterans since January 1, 2012. So far, U.S. Bank has added 1,116 veterans to its roster since Jan. 1, 2012, and now employs approximately 2,000 veterans nationwide.
In addition, Military Spouse magazine ranked U.S. Bank in the Top 50 Military Friendly Spouse Employers. This honor recognizes the efforts of companies to support military spouses. For example, U.S. Bank gives special consideration to employee requests for internal transfers made necessary by re-assignments of spouses who are serving in the military.
“We're honored to be recognized for our efforts to support servicemembers, veterans and their spouses,” said Richard Davis, chairman, president and chief executive officer of U.S. Bancorp (NYSE:USB), the parent company of U.S. Bank. “These heroes bring an incredible work ethic and dedication to our customers and communities everyday, and we're proud to call them our fellow bankers and colleagues.”U.S. Bank’s military-friendly and spouse-friendly efforts include:
- implementing several recruiting and training programs specifically for veterans through its Proud to Serve program ( http://proudtoserve.usbank.com) which helps service members identify areas at U.S. Bank where their skills and interests might be a match;
- launching and successfully operating a Military Leader Development Program;
- enhancing its HR policies, including offering newly hired veterans extra paid time off to participate in re-integration activities or attend to service-related medical issues. U.S. Bank’s industry leading military leave policies exceed state and federal standards;
- offering eligible employees up to two weeks paid leave in connection with a family member's military service; and
- operating the U.S. Bank Military Service Center, a dedicated customer service line for military members and their families. The center is staffed with bankers familiar with the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act, as well as the unique financial circumstances faced by members of the military and their families.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts