NEW YORK, Nov. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Meredith Corporation (NYSE:MDP; www.meredith.com), the nation's leading media and marketing company serving 100 million American women, announced today senior leadership promotions within its National Media Group, effective immediately.
- Christine Guilfoyle is promoted to SVP/Publisher, Better Homes and Gardens, and Group Publisher, Meredith Women's Group. In her new role, Guilfoyle is responsible for growing advertising for the Better Homes and Gardens brand. Additionally, Guilfoyle will oversee advertising for the Family Circle and Ladies' Home Journal brands. She reports to Jim Carr, EVP/President, Better Homes and Gardens.
Most recently, Guilfoyle served as VP/Group Publisher, Every Day with Rachael Ray, where she significantly increased the brand's advertising performance. She also oversaw the publishing teams at EatingWell and the recently launched Allrecipes magazine. This marks a return to Better Homes and Gardens for Guilfoyle, where she was Advertising Director earlier in her career. She has also served as Publisher of Every Day with Rachael Ray, More and Women's Wear Daily, and held advertising sales positions at People, TV Guide and Omni magazines. "Chris possesses a deep knowledge of women's lifestyle brands across multiple categories, and the ability to effectively leverage this strong business model for our three largest women's titles," says Tom Harty, President, Meredith National Media Group. "It's a powerful go-to-market strategy."
- Tony Imperato is promoted to VP/Managing Director, Meredith 360. In his new role, Imperato is charged with creating multi-platform advertising programs. He takes over the reins from Rich Berenson, who recently joined Meredith Xcelerated Marketing as SVP/Chief Business Development Officer. Imperato reports to EVP/Chief Innovation Officer Jeannine Shao Collins .
Most recently, Imperato has served as the VP/Publisher, Better Homes and Gardens, where he was responsible for diversifying the brand's client base, and led the team to strong advertising performance. Imperato's career includes serving in senior advertising positions with TV Guide, Country Home, McCall's, Family Handyman and Wood magazines, among others. "We believe Tony's knowledge of our brands and our diverse print, digital, broadcast, and mobile assets will enable him to help us continue to grow our client business within the Meredith 360 group," says Harty.
- Steve Bohlinger is promoted to Publisher, Every Day with Rachael Ray. In his new role, Bohlinger is responsible for overseeing advertising for Every Day with Rachael Ray , as well as EatingWell and Allrecipes magazines. He reports to Tom Witschi , EVP/President, Women's Lifestyle Group,
Since joining Meredith a little over year ago, Bohlinger has done a great job building the EatingWell brand, which recently was named a Top 10 magazine brand on Ad Age's "A List." His prior industry experience includes serving as VP/Publisher of Cooking Light magazine, VP/Publisher, Cottage Living, and Associate Publisher, Food Network magazine.
About MeredithMeredith Corporation is the leading media and marketing company serving American women. Meredith features multiple well-known national brands – including Better Homes and Gardens, Parents, Allrecipes, Family Circle, Fitness and Every Day with Rachael Ray – along with local television brands in fast-growing markets. Meredith is the industry leader in creating content in key consumer interest areas such as home, family, health and wellness and self-development. Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms – including print, television, online, mobile, tablets, and video – to give consumers content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners. Additionally, Meredith uses its many assets to create powerful custom marketing solutions for many of the nation's top brands and companies. Meredith Xcelerated Marketing has significantly added to its capabilities in recent years through the acquisition of cutting-edge companies in digital, mobile, social, healthcare, database, and international marketing. Most recently, Meredith made a strategic investment in London-based Iris Worldwide, a leader in experiential marketing.
SOURCE Meredith Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV