Trade-Ideas: Jack In The Box (JACK) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- JACK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.2 million.
- JACK has traded 245,393 shares today.
- JACK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JACK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JACK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on JACK: Jack in the Box Inc., a restaurant company, operates and franchises Jack in the Box quick-service restaurants and Qdoba Mexican Grill fast-casual restaurants in the United States. As of July 7, 2013, it had 2,255 Jack in the Box restaurants and 592 Qdoba restaurants. JACK has a PE ratio of 26.3. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Jack In The Box a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Jack In The Box has been 284,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Jack In The Box has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 0.35 and a short float of 2.2% with 3.20 days to cover. Shares are up 47.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Jack In The Box as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 35.71% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 61.85% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, JACK should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $45.68 million or 8.78% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -17.35%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, JACK IN THE BOX INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- JACK IN THE BOX INC has improved earnings per share by 35.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, JACK IN THE BOX INC reported lower earnings of $1.48 versus $1.61 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.76 versus $1.48).
- You can view the full Jack In The Box Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts