3M ($128.36) set a new multi-year high at $128.59 yesterday, which makes my quarterly risky level at $128.27 a pivot. My monthly value level is $125.50 with a weekly pivot at $127.95.
Procter & Gamble (PG) ($82.80) set a new multi-year high at $83.10 on Thursday after trading as low as $73.61 on Aug. 30. My monthly value level is $80.01 with a semiannual pivot at $81.86.
AT&T ($35.17) has been trading back and forth around is 200-day SMA since May 29. The stock's second half 2013 low is $33.09 set on Oct. 8 and now AT&T is between its 50-day SMA at $34.57 and its 200-day SMA at $35.65. My semiannual value level is $32.14 with a monthly pivot at $35.17 and semiannual risky level at $38.14.
United Health (UNH) ($69.95) set a multi-year high at $75.88 on Sept. 16 then traded as low as $66.72 on Oct. 28. The stock is now below its 50-day SMA at $71.54. My weekly Value level is $68.82 with a semiannual risky level at $73.01.United Technologies (UTX) ($107.45) set a multi-year high at $112.46 on Sept. 19 and currently rests on the cusp of its 50-day SMA at $107.07. My quarterly value level is $106.06 with a semiannual pivot at $107.61 and a monthly risky level at $109.13. Verizon (VZ) ($50.16) set a second half 2013 low at $45.08 on Sept. 3 and has been above its 200-day SMA at $49.08 since Oct. 17. My semiannual value level is $49.86 with a weekly pivot at $50.15 and monthly risky level at $52.68. Wal-Mart (WMT) ($78.71) set a second half 2013 low at $71.51 on Oct. 7 and has been above its 200-day SMA at $75.29 since Oct. 17. My semiannual value level is $74.96 with a weekly pivot at $77.33 and quarterly risky level at $80.09. At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV