"To be able to provide high quality content to the end user, major legitimate video sites have made a huge investment, and respecting copyright is one of the most important investments," said SY Lau, Senior Executive Vice President of Tencent and President of its Online Media Group. "Any investment to circumvent copyright and other content shortcuts cannot be accepted as legal and ethical. For infringement, Tencent Video has completed the bulk of notary acts of hotlinking evidence, filed lawsuits against QVOD and will retain rights to take legal actions against Baidu (Video).
"Such Internet crime is low cost and secretive," Liu Hong, LeTV COO and shareholder of LeVision Pictures, said. "Infringement online is showing explosive growth. On search engines you will find the first few ranked pages are sites containing pirated material. Infringement and piracy to the copyright holder causes significant damage. Since the second half of 2010, LeTV has found evidence of 650 copyright violations by QVOC and evidence of more than 800 infringement violations from Baidu's Yingyin."
"A large number of Chinese and foreign films and television productions are distributed on rogue video sites that are easily built using light content management systems," Wei Feng, China president of the Motion Picture Association of America, said. "We must increase efforts to stop companies from infringing copyrighted material and to pay for the damages for the loss of copyright."
Baidu's infringement activities cover four main areas: the PC web, PC desktop applications, mobile device applications and TV boxes. Four specific Baidu products responsible for the distribution of and/or access to pirated content include: Baidu video search, Baidu Yingyin, Baidu Video App and Baidu TV Stick. Via these products, Baidu is distributing content without authorization while engaging in activities that are beyond the scope of a search engine.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV