PHOENIX, Arizona, REDWOOD CITY, California and HILDEN, Germany, November 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- New web-based product delivers fast and high-confidence interpretation and reporting of variants from next-generation sequencing data for molecular pathologists and medical geneticists
- Early access program of clinical interpretation and reporting solution will conclude by year-end, paving the way for early 2014 launch of larger beta program
- QIAGEN also announces Ingenuity Scientific Advisory Board to guide development of new clinical interpretation and reporting solutions
QIAGEN N.V. (NASDAQ: QGEN; Frankfurt Prime Standard: QIA) today announced it has begun enrolling molecular diagnostics laboratories in an Early Access Program to complete the development of a new web-based solution to deliver faster, easier-to-use and high-confidence clinical interpretation and reporting of observed gene variants in data from next-generation sequencing (NGS)-based tests. QIAGEN is announcing the program at the annual meeting of the Association for Molecular Pathology (AMP) taking place November 14-16 in Phoenix, Arizona.
QIAGEN also announced the formation of the Ingenuity Scientific Advisory Board, made up of healthcare and academic leaders in medical genetics, genomics and bioinformatics. This board will advise and assist the Company in research and product development initiatives focused on clinical applications.
"NGS is a transformative medical tool with the potential to improve patient outcomes by accurately detecting and characterizing diseases at earlier stages, but the challenge in diagnostic labs is to efficiently sift through huge amounts of data and extract high-confidence, actionable answers," said Sean Scott, Senior Vice President of Business Development at QIAGEN Redwood City. "This new solution will simplify and streamline the interpretation and reporting process and provide consistent, high-quality and actionable results for use in clinical research and decision making."The new interpretation and reporting solution draws upon the vast clinical and genomic data in the expert-curated Ingenuity Knowledge Base. It will be the first product in the Ingenuity portfolio that is specifically designed to address major challenges of scale, speed and decision support that healthcare laboratories face with the adoption of NGS-based applications. The time required to make accurate clinical assessments of variants - especially as tests move from single-gene to multiple-gene to panels, exomes and whole genomes - is becoming a fundamental bottleneck and is slowing the adoption of these data in clinical applications. The new solution will provide clinical labs with automated scoring, interpretation and reporting of findings in standardized, HIPAA Safe Harbor-compliant formats.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV