- Track your finances like the seasons: First things first – get organized. Keep a calendar, ideally through your bank account. Track money coming in and out of your account daily, weekly or monthly. This helps you better understand where you are financially throughout the month and accurately gauge how much additional money you can set aside in your savings.
- Save without thinking: Create automatic savings rules within your account to increase your savings around important bank transactions each month. It takes little time to set up and streamlines the savings process. Move $25 into your savings every pay period or $10 into your savings after you set up monthly bill pay. Regardless of the amount, save at a point in the month that fits your financial needs. Be the boss of your account and make it work for you.
- Obey your budget: Use categories to compare expenses month-to-month. Use that information to take note of what you are spending money to buy. Eating out too much, or grabbing a $3 coffee midmorning at work? Skipping that extra cup of Joe can save you $60 a month.
PNC Bank Provides New Year's Resolution Tips For Millennials
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.