AMERSTERDAM and SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AVG Technologies N.V. (NYSE: AVG), the provider of Internet and mobile security, privacy and optimization solutions to 172 million active users, today announced the immediate availability of AVG CloudCare™ with Online Backup (OLB). AVG CloudCare OLB provides resellers and other services providers with a simple, cost-effective way to offer their small business customers encrypted, military-grade backup using a pay-as-you-use model available with other AVG CloudCare services.
As AVG's first business service to focus on data protection rather than frontline security, OLB marks a significant milestone in the company's history. AVG CloudCare's easy-to-use cloud-based administration platform has enjoyed a rapid take-up among resellers worldwide since its launch twelve months ago. Growing numbers of resellers and other Channel partners use AVG CloudCare on a daily basis to remotely deploy and manage security and IT services on behalf of their small and medium-sized business (SMB) customers. OLB is fully integrated into the AVG CloudCare services platform with activation as easy as flipping a switch to "ON".
"Our desire to make the life of the small business partner and their customers as easy as possible drives everything we do in the development of AVG CloudCare," said Mike Foreman, General Manager, SMB, AVG Technologies. "We see online backup and data protection as a natural extension for those partners already providing frontline security services to their customers.
"With this in mind we have fully integrated online backup into AVG CloudCare so that small businesses can trust their IT providers to manage their data protection needs through the same single pane of glass," he added.Data is encrypted while on the user's computer, in transit and in storage, providing peace of mind for customers that valuable data will not be compromised at any stage of the backup or restore process. Data centers located in UK and North America are ISO9001 and ISO 27001 certified. An added benefit of AVG CloudCare OLB is that files are automatically scanned for malware by AVG® AntiVirus, before compression and storage. "We have found the AVG Online Backup easy to setup and use for our clients," said Louise Roberts, office manager with Aztec Computers, a UK reseller. "We have one client already using the service successfully and will be also using it to back up our own server. Now that we have tested it we will shortly be offering AVG CloudCare OLB to the rest of our clients." Key features of AVG CloudCare OLB include :
- Ultra-secure encrypted protection for customers' data against hardware failure, loss and theft
- Flexibility to backup devices to the cloud or locally according to customer requirements
- Automated backup scheduled to take place according to customers' requirements
- Capacity to restore customer data from a single file to a whole directory, quickly and easily
- Integrated ShadowProtect® Bare Metal Backup option capable of creating images of large files such as databases and email servers to protect against data corruption, outages or hardware failures
- Integrated alerts and reports enables pro-active customer estate management
- 30 day trial option for customers
- Pay-as-you-use billing charged in 25Gb 'units' per customer
- No differentiation between types of data backed up in contrast to competing solutions that charge a premium for backing up Microsoft Exchange or SQL servers
- No per-device license fees
- Consolidation of all information that can be viewed via a single pane of glass to greatly simplify management of multiple customer accounts
- Ability to run reports, view invoices, get license summary for all customers for paid and trial, deploy or delete services and much more
- For breaking news, follow AVG on Twitter at www.twitter.com/officialAVGnews
- For small business security trends analysis, follow the AVG small business blog at blogs.avg.com/business.
- Join our LinkedIn community www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2719797
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts