Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) introduced today the ADuM144x family, the industry’s lowest power digital isolators. Based on ADI’s proprietary iCoupler technology, the ADuM144x can be powered by as little as 1 μW of power, delivering power levels over 1,000 times lower than optocouplers and competing digital isolators. At these levels the ADuM144x family is ideally suited for industrial and instrumentation systems such as 4-20 mA current loops, remote sensors and green systems that demand high energy efficiency or depend on limited power sources, such as batteries. Watch this video to learn more about the ADuM144x low power digital isolators: http://analog.com/ADuM144xvideo.
- Order ADuM144x samples, download data sheets and other technical documents by visiting: http://www.analog.com/ADuM144x
- Get digital isolator related questions answered by ADI engineers on EngineerZone™, ADI’s online technical support community http://ez.analog.com/community/interface-isolation
- Catalog Distributors Digi-Key Corp and Mouser Electronics are stocking inventory of both silicon and evaluation boards.
The ADuM144x are quad-channel data isolators available in three different channel configurations with a one-minute isolation safety rating of 2.5 kV rms. They have an operating voltage range of 2.25 V to 3.6 V, further reducing power constraints and providing the lowest isolator operating voltage on the market. Quiescent power supply current at 2.5 V is less than 5 μA per channel, and power supply current at 2 Mbps is less than 380 μA per channel. A power saving mode can reduce current levels to as little as 0.1 μA per channel, resulting in an industry-best 1 μW of total power for the entire isolator. In addition to the significant power savings, the ADuM144x is also available in a 16-lead QSOP package, making it the industry’s smallest quad-channel digital isolators with a 2.5 kV rms isolation rating.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV