PETAH TIKVA, Israel, Nov. 13, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd. (Nasdaq:GILT) (TASE:GILT), a worldwide leader in satellite networking technology, solutions and services, today reported its results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2013.
Key Financial Updates:
- Revenue for Q3 2013 of $71.3 million
- EBITDA for Q3 2013 of $2.1 million
- Expenses reduced by around $9 million per year during Q4 2013 with effects to be realized starting in Q1 2014
- Management objectives for 2013 lowered to approximately $310 million in revenue and EBITDA of 6% primarily due to delayed deals in our Commercial Division and in Peru
Revenues for the third quarter of 2013 were $71.3 million, compared to $89.0 million for the same period in 2012.On a non-GAAP basis, operating loss for the third quarter of 2013 was $1.3 million compared to an operating income of $5.7 million in the third quarter of 2012. On a non-GAAP basis, net loss for the period was $1.9 million, or $0.04 per diluted share, compared to net income of $5.8 million, or $0.13 per diluted share, in the comparable period in 2012. EBITDA for the third quarter of 2013 reached $2.1 million as compared with $9.8 million in the comparable period in 2012. In August, the Company announced that it entered into a definitive agreement to sell Spacenet to SageNet, subject to regulatory approval and the satisfaction of customary closing conditions. The Company received the required FCC regulatory approval last week and notified SageNet that all conditions for closing have been met. The Company has been notified by SageNet that it is not willing to proceed to closing at this time based on several assertions. While the Company rejects all of SageNet's assertions and believes them to be unfounded, it is in continuing discussions with SageNet concerning their assertions. At this time the closing has been delayed.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts