Barcelona Becomes World Electric Vehicle Capital This November
BARCELONA, November 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- With the cleanest bus fleet in Europe Barcelona ranks seventh in the world of cities pioneering electric mobility
- The city has been chosen by the EVS organisers to host the 27th edition of the Symposium, which will take place from 18 to 20 November
Barcelona is on the international sustainable mobility map and will become the world electric vehicle capital this November as the city chosen by the organisers of the EVS - Electric Vehicle Symposium - to hold its 27th edition from 18 to 20 November. This is the sector's world benchmark forum. It is held in a different city each year and brings together leading experts from around the world.
Prior to this major meeting, Barcelona will welcome, on 16 and 17 November, the 3rd edition of EXPOelèctric Fórmula-e, the largest electric vehicle trials in Southern Europe aimed at both the professional sector and the public. Its most visible activity is the EV Large Scale Demonstration, a demonstration that is ground-breaking in Europe of what a 100% electric city would be like, with noise, air quality and heat emission comparisons.
In recent years the Catalan capital has turned itself into a global benchmark for sustainable mobility, driven by sound initiatives to improve sustainability and its inhabitants' quality of life. That is what the International Energy Agency's latest report (EV City Casebook 2012) says, which has Barcelona in seventh place in the world ranking of cities that promote the development of electric mobility solutions.This city has the cleanest bus fleet in Europe and over 300 electric vehicles in the public fleets on its municipal routes. It also has one of the largest numbers of electric motorbikes in Europe thanks to rental and sharing initiatives and it has over 260 charging points. Furthermore, car manufacturers such as Nissan have chosen Barcelona as a production base for their latest electric models. The Japanese manufacturer has centralised global production of its new 100% electric van, the e-NV200 here in this city. It will be the model for the city's clean e-taxi and will also be used in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV