Macy’s, Inc. (NYSE:M) today announced a $50,000 cash contribution to the international relief fund of the American Red Cross for relief assistance in the Philippines and other nearby nations affected by Typhoon Haiyan. The grant will also assist the American Red Cross’ efforts to help Americans locate and connect with their families overseas who are affected by the storm.
In addition, the Macy’s Foundation, through its Matching Gift program, will match dollar-for-dollar all employee contributions of $25 or more to the American Red Cross and other qualified U.S.-based organizations providing relief assistance.
“We are moved by the devastation left in the wake of Typhoon Haiyan,” said Terry J. Lundgren, Macy’s, Inc. chairman, president and chief executive officer. “On behalf of our Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s associates, we are honored to contribute to the relief efforts and the work being done by the American Red Cross to connect residents in the USA with their families in the eye of the storm.”
Macy’s, Inc., with corporate offices in Cincinnati and New York, is one of the nation’s premier retailers, with fiscal 2012 sales of $27.7 billion. The company operates about 840 department stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico under the names of Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, as well as the macys.com and bloomingdales.com websites. The company also operates 13 Bloomingdale’s Outlet stores. Bloomingdale’s in Dubai is operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under a license agreement.(NOTE: Additional information on Macy’s, Inc., including past news releases, is available at www.macysinc.com/pressroom).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV