HOUSTON, Nov. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Southwestern Energy Company (NYSE: SWN) announced today the appointment of John C. Ale as Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary effective November 11, 2013. Mark K. Boling will continue to serve as President of V+ Development Solutions, a division of Southwestern Energy Company. "I am pleased to welcome John Ale to the Southwestern executive leadership team," remarked Steve Mueller, President and Chief Executive Officer of Southwestern Energy. "Under Mark's leadership, the work undertaken by the V+ Development Solutions division has expanded in scope and importance. Mark will now be able to focus solely on establishing stakeholder relationships crucial to deliver on our promise to advance the development of America's abundant natural gas supply. As a result of this transition, Mark will continue to lead his team in breaking ground with strategic and innovative projects that will not only benefit Southwestern but our entire industry."
Mr. Ale most recently was Vice President and General Counsel of Occidental Petroleum Corporation. Previously, he was a partner with Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP and Vinson & Elkins LLP. Mr. Ale served as a law court to Chief Justice Warren E. Burger of the U.S. Supreme Court and to Judge Edward Tamm of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit. He holds a Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Virginia School of Law and a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics from the University of Virginia College of Arts and Sciences.
Southwestern Energy Company is an independent energy company whose wholly-owned subsidiaries are engaged in oil and gas exploration and production, natural gas gathering and marketing. Additional information on the company can be found on the Internet at http://www.swn.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV