TARRYTOWN, N.Y., Nov. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: REGN) today announced that data from several studies of EYLEA ® (aflibercept) Injection will be presented during the annual meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) to be held November 16-19 in New Orleans. EYLEA presentations will be featured during the AAO scientific sessions ( November 16-19), as well as during the Retina Subspecialty Days ( November 15-16).
During the Retina Subspecialty Days, detailed results from the Phase 3 VIBRANT study of EYLEA in Macular Edema following BRVO will be presented for the first time. Retinal vein occlusion is a common cause of vision loss in the elderly and the second most frequent major retinal vascular disease.(1)
"Regeneron continues to study EYLEA across a range of eye diseases where Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) has demonstrated a role in disease development," said Robert Vitti, M.D., Vice President, Clinical Sciences, Ophthalmology, at Regeneron. "The presentations at this year's AAO meeting reflect our commitment to continually provide data from the full spectrum of on-going research with EYLEA."
Abstracts include:Friday, November 15 (Retina Subspecialty Day)
- Intravitreal aflibercept for macular edema due to branch retinal vein occlusion: 24 week results of the VIBRANT study
- Presenting author: W. Lloyd Clark, M.D.
- Oral presentation at 1:51 p.m.; Morial Convention Center, Great Hall
- Intravitreal aflibercept injection for diabetic macular edema: 12 month results of VISTA-DME and VIVID DME
- Presenting author: Diana Do, M.D.
- Oral presentation at 1:58 p.m.; Morial Convention Center, Great Hall
- VEGF Trap-Eye (VIEW) sub-analysis: Influence of anatomic characteristics on outcomes
- Presenting author: John Kitchens, M.D.
- Oral presentation at 3:59 p.m.; Morial Convention Center, Great Hall