TARRYTOWN, N.Y., Nov. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: REGN) today announced that data from several studies of EYLEA ® (aflibercept) Injection will be presented during the annual meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) to be held November 16-19 in New Orleans. EYLEA presentations will be featured during the AAO scientific sessions ( November 16-19), as well as during the Retina Subspecialty Days ( November 15-16).
During the Retina Subspecialty Days, detailed results from the Phase 3 VIBRANT study of EYLEA in Macular Edema following BRVO will be presented for the first time. Retinal vein occlusion is a common cause of vision loss in the elderly and the second most frequent major retinal vascular disease.(1)
"Regeneron continues to study EYLEA across a range of eye diseases where Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) has demonstrated a role in disease development," said Robert Vitti, M.D., Vice President, Clinical Sciences, Ophthalmology, at Regeneron. "The presentations at this year's AAO meeting reflect our commitment to continually provide data from the full spectrum of on-going research with EYLEA."
Abstracts include:Friday, November 15 (Retina Subspecialty Day)
Intravitreal aflibercept for macular edema due to branch retinal vein occlusion:
24 week results of the VIBRANT study
- Presenting author: W. Lloyd Clark, M.D.
- Oral presentation at 1:51 p.m.; Morial Convention Center, Great Hall
Intravitreal aflibercept injection for diabetic macular edema: 12 month results of VISTA-DME and VIVID DME
- Presenting author: Diana Do, M.D.
- Oral presentation at 1:58 p.m.; Morial Convention Center, Great Hall
VEGF Trap-Eye (VIEW) sub-analysis: Influence of anatomic characteristics on outcomes
- Presenting author: John Kitchens, M.D.
- Oral presentation at 3:59 p.m.; Morial Convention Center, Great Hall
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV