NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Today Joe Deaux and I discuss the Iran nuclear talks that failed to reach an agreement, but will begin again next week in Geneva. The prospect of a deal to keep tabs on Iran's nuclear development has put increasing pressure on crude prices.
That's because economic sanctions have crippled the production capability of oil in Iran as well as put very strict limits on the export of what the Iranians still can produce.
Any kind of agreement that might lessen the restrictions of export and help free capital to increase production would add another 1.3 million barrels of crude oil to the global marketplace, a significant number of barrels that could force prices lower.
Despite suspicion from the French and a strong lobby in the U.S. Congress of any deal with the Iranians, Secretary of State John Kerry again reaffirmed his belief that a diplomatic solution is coming and is committed to continued talks.But for now, there is no deal -- and oil prices are looking for guidance for some more mundane information, like the EIA report coming Wednesday. I talk more about the oil market with Joe in the video above. This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV