Regency Centers Corporation (NYSE:REG), a national owner, operator and developer of grocery-anchored community shopping centers, will celebrate the grand opening of Harris Teeter at its Shops at Erwin Mill development located in the heart of Durham’s Ninth Street corridor. The highly anticipated grocery store will open its doors on Wednesday, November 13 at 8:00 a.m.
The 53,000 square foot Harris Teeter will anchor the Shops at Erwin Mill, an 89,901 square foot shopping center developed in partnership with Raleigh-based Chartwell Property Group. Located at the intersection of Ninth Street and Hillsborough Road, the grocery store will anchor a larger development that features best-in-class local and national retailers in small shop building located along Ninth Street, on-site parking and sustainable features such as LED lighting.
“We are excited to have Harris Teeter opening on Ninth Street in time for the Thanksgiving holiday,” shares Chris Widmayer, vice president of Investments at Regency Centers. “Harris Teeter’s presence on Ninth Street will transform this neighborhood and offer amenities that appeal to Duke University and local Durham family, such as a large selection of organic, natural and specialty foods, wine and beer, a hot Asian-food bar, and a sit-down eatery with a Starbucks.”
The remainder of the center’s 36,901 square feet of space will be filled by retail and restaurants, including Pure Barre, Panera Bread, 140 Salon & Dry Bar, Massage Envy Spa and The Duck Shop among others. The diverse mix of offerings is designed to attract those consumers looking to meet all of their needs at one easy location.“We had been looking for a central Durham location for some time before finding the Shops at Erwin Mill,” says Sandy Rogers, owner of Massage Envy Spa. “It provides an ideal setting in just the right location. We are excited to join the other merchants there.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV